The Kent Talented Futures (TF) project has been developed following successful pilot projects delivered in Westerham (Sevenoaks, Kent).
The TF project brings people together, builds stronger relationships and improves local skills across throughout Westerham community through a combination of youth project activities and resident volunteering:
- Delivering 30 local sessions at each venue (60) that supports 80 young people - Creating an opportunity for local residents to get involved in volunteering
- Delivering a high profile celebration final event for local residents at each site
The project aims to recruit a pool of community volunteers from the local area. Each DBS checked volunteer will gain new skills through a monthly training programme; enabling them to achieve accredited outcomes:
- Volunteering in a Youth Club (Entry Level)
- Introduction to Youth Work (Level One)
AQA's are easy to achieve and offer volunteers transferable skills that relate both to the project and broader employability opportunities. Volunteers are placed at a weekly TF group to offer additional staff support, practice the skills learnt in training and evidence learning outcomes.
We anticipate that the trained volunteers will continue the work beyond the life of the recently achieved 'Awards for All' funding. Two experienced Play Place paid team members will support the initial activity sessions (1.5 hours per session) with the recruitment of volunteers taking place in the first three months. The active involvement of volunteers will offer sustainability going forward.
- Sevenoaks District Council
- Awards For All